Hugo Fernando Posada-Quintero
Biography and Research Interests
Hugo F. Posada-Quintero is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Connecticut. He received his B.S. in electronics engineering from the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, Bogotá, Colombia, in 2005, his M.S. in electronics and computers engineering from the Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia, in 2008, and Ph.D. in biomedical engineering from the University of Connecticut, in 2016.
- Detection of neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Continuous and objective detection of human emotions (anxiety, stress, pain).
- Prediction and detection of animal stress and discomfort using electrophysiological signals.
- Developing a wearable system to predict fluid accumulation in acute decompensation heart failure patients.
- Prediction and detection of symptoms related to the central nervous system oxygen toxicity (including seizures) in divers.
- The Use of Electrodermal Activity in Pulpal Diagnosis and Dental Pain Assessment
Publications and public profiles:
- Google Scholar
- ResearcherID: E-2581-2016
- Scopus Author ID: 55581668900
- Loop profile: 400122
- Clubes de Ciencia Colombia, International Instructor. 2018 (Pereira), 2019 (Ibagué)
- Feb 2021
UConn Pre-College Summer Program
Artificial Intelligence in Biomedical Engineering. Exploring the basics of artificial intelligence for tracking health and emotions